Monday, August 6, 2012

The begining....part one

Colin was born March 19th 2009 when I was 37 weeks by emergency C-Section. He weighed 8lbs 3oz. He had jet black hair and eyes that matched.

He was easy as far as newborns went. Slept 8 hours a night by the time he was 3 months old. He had some colic but like anything else in his life it was a faze that lasted only a short time.

By the time he was six months old I started to notice that he was not interested in toys. He would just sit there and stare at them. No matter how hard I tried to engage him he had no interest, he would just hold it and mouth it.

No one seemed really concerned over this because he was hitting all of his other developement milestone's right on time. So I just thought I was just being a nervous first time mom.

By the time he was 9 months old it was Christmas 2009. The kid got SPOILED with toys, but what was he interested in doing? Going into the kitchen and playing with the pots and pans and "helping" load the dishwasher. Toys not even given a second glance. My mommy radar was starting to go off.


New Years day comes and Colin starts to stand on his own and learns to climb up on things. My life just got difficult! Since when do 9 1/2 month olds start climbing this early!

In this time I am noticing he is missing one of the big development milestones, he is starting to talk (his first words? "ba bum" meaning I have a bad bum, I pooped), wave bye bye, walking and running, and is so emotionally attached to me we decide I am not going back to work but to stay home with him. The milestone he is missing is pointing. This is a big red flag to me but everyone says he is still young.

Fast forward to Colin's first birthday and he has an epic meltdown during happy birthday at both his birthdays and we discover that Colin does not like cake!

(yes that is a Canucks jersey! We do live only an hour from Vancouver!)

So here we are Colin has turned one! He has hit all his development Milestones on time or early. So far we have 3 red flags for me. Not liking toys, not pointing, and not liking loud noises (happy birthday).

What's next?
Colin's second year...
He gets burned, so is his issues phycological or is there something wrong....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I can't wait to read more about Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete